My Little Ones

My Little Ones
My Lil' Munchkins

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Conversation with Ellie

So last week sometime, Ellie and I had this conversation. She looked at the top of my hair and said, "uh-mah, you have white muhdee (hair)", and I said, "ya, it's because I'm getting old." She replied, "old?... like very old halmee (grandma)?." And I said, "uh huh." Then she looked sad and said, "but I don't want you to get old." I said, "It's okay, everyone gets older and older everyday. One day, when I'm old, I'm going to go to heaven to be with God, just like Scoobi (our old chihuahua)." Then she said the cutest thing, "it's okay uh-mah (mom), when you get very old, I'm going to take care of you."  Ellie looked down with a sad look on her face and said, "but I don't want you to go to heaven, I want you to stay with me," in her sappy voice. I said, "it's okay heaven is a happy place, I get to be with God, and when you're old too one day, you'll go to heaven and we'll be together again." She said she didn't want to go to heaven. So I replied when we all go to heaven, we get young again. She looks up with this sad look almost crying and says, "I'm so happy...." with tears rolling down her face. Hahaha. She's so cute and so funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment