My Little Ones

My Little Ones
My Lil' Munchkins

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Dad's Bday

          My dad just celebrated his 66th birthday yesterday. I can't believe he's 66. So weird. It sucks watching your parents get older. In a way, I wish I could just freeze time and be this age forever and have my kids stay this small forever. I try to take mental pictures of my baby and Ellie every day cause I know they will not stay this little forever. It's the little things we experience each day that we look back on and realize they were really the biggest things.
          Anyways, we celebrated by taking my dad out to dinner on Sunday at a Korean BBQ. Yesterday on his actual birthday, we brought over some cake (well pie from Marie Calendars cause that's what Dave likes - he LOVES pies) and sang him happy birthday. Of course we went to get him a birthday card that Ellie picked out from Target. She picked out a pirate cartoon theme. She likes to write cards for people, actually I write while she tells me what to write. It's usually a hodge podge of random stuff.
          Oh ya, this is something new Ellie does. After she goes number 2, she'll say, I want to see the family. Meaning she wants to see her poop. Then she says something like this, "ooh, I see ah-bah (daddy) poo, uh-mah poo (mommy) and baby poo. Ooh that's Ellie poo, and that's Elijah poo." She is soooo silly. (Sorry if this is TMI for some of you... haha)
          It felt great to get 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep last night. The night prior was no fun. On Monday night, I got fragmented sleep for a total of 4 hours. It's always harder when you get 30 minutes here and you're up for 2 hours, sleep for 1 hour, up for 1 hour, sleep for 1.5 hours and up for the rest of the day. I'd rather get consolidated sleep any day. Well, I am about to watch my favorite show online, project runway, so peace out, and thanks for following. (My 2 peeps which includes myself... haha)



No comments:

Post a Comment