My Little Ones

My Little Ones
My Lil' Munchkins

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Our Anniversary Celebration

Last night we went to Morton's Steakhouse to celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary. Our friends Grace, Alex, Julie & Kirk offered to watch our kids. Really nice gesture on their part. Our reservation was at 7:30, however we arrived at 6:50 and they got us in right away. When we arrived our hostess said, "congratulations on your anniversary," and my reaction was, "how did you know?" and she said, "oh, she called in and let us know." That was so sweet of Grace to call and tell them while we were on our way. They had a personalized menu for us that said, "Happy Anniversary Mr. & Mrs. Chung" on the top of the menu, and they came by and took a picture for us. Really nice touch. The ambiance was great and the management, host, everyone but our waiter were awesome. Our waiter was okay, but he was not very personable. He seemed rushed and we sensed it, so we felt pressured to order quickly. When he brought over the cart with all of the meats, seafood and vegetables, he didn't even really tell us about the options. However, I noticed the waiter next to us took his sweet time and went into detail about the options on the cart to his guests. I did ask our waiter, where is your accent from? And he said with a smile, "L.A." Hahaha, what L.A.? I said? I thought you were from the east coast, and he said that he gets that a lot. Weird, he has this fake accent going on, or maybe it's just the way he talks. Anyways, being at this fancy restaurant brought out Dave's gentleman manners. This was weird, cause I'm not used to it. When we arrived at the restaurant, Dave said, I"ll tell them we have reservations, usually it's me talking to the hostess. When I got up to go to the restroom, he stood up as well to help me back my seat out. When I came back, he stood up to get me back into my seat. As we were leaving, he opened the door for me on the way out. Wow, I guess Morton's brings out a different side of Dave! haha... It was a great and awesome dinner, so thanks Dave & the Satos' & Lau's for watching the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment